I just wanted to give a big shoutout to Mer, author of Welcome to the Big League. Thanks to her site, I finally figured out how to put a counter on my page. I'm not the brightest when it comes to complicated internet and html-like things, so any time I've tried to use a counter before, it always ended in disaster! Anyways, now I've got it up and running and I am having an absolute blast seeing where all of my readers are coming from! I was blown away to see readers from all over the world! Here are just a few of the places some of you are from:
Oslo, Norway
Trois-Rivires, Quebec (the name sounds beautiful, I'm sure the town is too)
Richmond, British Columbia
Laramie, Wyoming
Brest, Brestskaya Voblasts', Belarus (this one really blew me away - that's over 4500 miles from Pittsburgh!)
Truro, Nova Scotia
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (beautiful, beautiful place!)
Chico, California
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Stillwater, Minnesota
Pittsburgh, PA (the most beautiful city of all - okay, so I'm biased. Deal with it.)
I've had over 300 hits today (since I set up the counter at noon!) so I'm sorry I couldn't list everyone.
Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for visiting! :) As always, I'd love to hear what all of you think - you can leave comments on the blog or drop me an email!
Also, if you haven't already, you should definitely check out Mer's story - it is very good!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wow that`s amazing, and you are an amazing writer. I wish I could have that many people check out my blog, haha.
Well keep up the good work.
Go Lauren! Go Lauren!! :)
Lauren,
I totally owe you a drink if you're ever in Van or I'm ever in the Burgh.
Cheers,
Mer
@Mer: Vancouver is on my list of cities to someday visit, and you should definitely come to Pittsburgh! :) And yes, going out for drinks would definitely have to occur! :)
lauren, come visit! there is a very distinct possibility I'll be on the medical team for the 2010 Olympics - you should come help me abuse my clearance level and stalk some cute hockey players: I'll take Dany Heatley (don't ask), you can have Sid :P
Mer, I am very tempted to book a trip to Vancouver for the Olympics, especially since you might have "insider access" - that is so cool! :)
Post a Comment