Sunday, December 21, 2008

Commercial Break...

Hello everyone! Sorry I really suck at updating - I'm on Christmas break for a few weeks now so hopefully I will get some inspiration and get some writing done! In the mean time, I've got some goodies I think you all will enjoy!

I changed the title picture - I love the picture, so I wanted to use it, but I'm not sure how I feel about how it came out with the lettering, so I might change it again soon - let me know what you think!

I hope you all are continuing to vote for the Penguins on the All-Star ballot (you can do so by clicking on the button on the right sidebar) - Sidney has received a record-breaking number of votes (when I last checked, he had over 1 million!) and Fleury has surpassed Carey Price as the starting goaltender. If you're looking for some Western Conference players to vote for, I would suggest anyone from the Chicago Blackhawks (they're my fave Western Conference team).


I got the chance to go to not one, but two Penguins practices last week! The first one, on Monday, was an optional practice so there were only about ten guys there.

It was great to see Whit back out with the team, as well as Fleury! Fleur was sporting some new Reebok goalie pads that aren’t as bright as the yellow pads he wore before, but are a mustard-gold-ish color! Dany’s pads were this color too, but it looked like he had been breaking his in for a little longer.

Kris Letang always seems like he’s kind of a soft-spoken guy but today he was laughing and joking and ‘beaking’ his teammates with the best of them! Him and Sidney seemed to have a lot of fun playing together today – at one point Sid stood in net and Kris took shots on him – I couldn’t hear what they were saying to each other, but it looked like they were placing bets on if each puck would go in or not!



Around noon, the players started trickling off the ice. Letang, Wallace, and Goligoski played keep-away with each other for a while and were having fun joking around. At one point, Kris playfully ‘slashed’ Go-go and tried to take him out by the knees!

As Sid left the ice, a little kid ran clear around to the other side of the ice where Sid was exiting to the locker rooms. It was so sweet to watch them talking and laughing and I think Sid must’ve signed five different things for him!

Even though it was raining, I waited outside to get some pictures of the players leaving. When Boucher approached in his car, some very intelligent (read: sarcasm) girl saw his license plate and loudly stated, “why the heck would anyone have a Texas plate? I mean, who lives in Texas?” Uhh, maybe someone who used to play for the Stars? That’d be my guess.




Sidney and Tanger and a few others must’ve exited through the other side of the lot because I didn’t see them.

Fleur probably took the longest time signing autographs for people – he signed for everyone that asked! At one point, someone asked him to sign one of those square foam seat cushions (the kind you’d take with you to sit on bleachers) and he almost dropped it down the side of his muddy car (which some fans wrote ‘wash me’ on) and everyone took a collective gasp and then laughed about it – which is what he was doing in the picture where he’s got that big smile on his face!



On Wednesday, Cookie Monster and Flower engaged in a water/gatorade fight during a water break!





At one point, I was close enough to Sid to count his eyelashes! I wish I had gotten a few more pictures, but I had a momentary lapse of sanity!

**Please note that this blog is under a Creative Commons License . While I am more than happy to share my photos with all of you (and hope that you share yours too!), I ask that you do not re-distribute them in any way (e.g., post them in your own album) or blog them without permission (just ask - I'll let you use them!) Thanks and enjoy!**

4 comments:

haleys_famous_ said...

It seems every freaking time i go sidney never signs. only twice. and last time he talked his agent into signing my book. and i almost cried. hahaha. but im happy you got to go and had a blast. xD cant wait ot read more soon! =D

Anonymous said...

i love the new picture!
it's amazing!

i desperatly want my dad to take me to a practice, but he's so stubborn. maybe he'll crack on of these days =]
can't wait for an update on this story. it's addicting

Kiki_isTHEbunny said...

love your new header pic. I think it goes with the story.

Kylie @ Faux Hawks and Follies said...

*Sigh*
I don't know how you do it. Had I been that close to Sid, I would have been shaking and my pictures would have been blurry.

I'm already planning on taking a personal day from work in February to go to another Pens practice.