Chapter 79
That Friday, Sidney’s parents and sister arrived in town and Lauren picked them up at the airport. Trina greeted her with a tight hug. “Oh, it is so good to see you. You are looking very well. Are you excited for the game tomorrow?”
“Yeah, I’m excited to have everyone all together. It’ll be fun.”
“Yes, it’ll be a very good day for everyone, I think.” Trina agreed with a smile.
“Hey kiddo. How are the boyfriends?” Lauren asked Taylor with a smile.
“I don’t have time for boyfriends.” Taylor said giggling and rolling her eyes.
“I’m sure your brother will be very glad to hear that.” Lauren replied as they walked out of the airport towards Sid’s SUV.
“He let you drive his car?” Troy asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Well, my car’s too small to fit all of you and your luggage. So I convinced him that I would drop him off at practice and then come here to pick you up.” Lauren said with a mischievous grin.
“You certainly have my son wrapped around your little finger, don’t you? And I mean that in a good way.” Troy laughed, hugging her to his side.
“He’s got me pretty whipped too. He can usually convince me to do just about anything he wants.” Troy pondered her response with a bemused expression on his face.
Lauren dropped Troy and Trina off at the hotel and her and Taylor went to pick Sidney up at practice. Most of the guys were finishing up on the ice and Lauren and Taylor sat on the bleachers a few rows up from the ice. Sidney saw them and waved, grinning from ear to ear. Sidney and Kris Letang were the last two off the ice. Kris waved at Lauren as he headed to the locker room and Sidney pulled Taylor in to a sweaty hug.
“Did you bring your skates?” he asked excitedly as he set her back down.
“Duh.” She said, motioning toward the bag she had left on the bleachers and grinning.
“You two are so much alike it’s not even funny.” Lauren said, rolling her eyes.
“We know.” Sidney and Taylor replied in unison, causing them to erupt into a fit of giggles.
“I’ll be right over there.” Lauren said, pointing to where they had been sitting a few moments earlier. “Go have fun, kids.”
“You don’t want to skate with us?” Taylor asked.
“Uhh, not so much. Your brother has the only skating talent in this relationship.”
Taylor shrugged her shoulders and smiled as she pulled her skates out of the bag and kicked her shoes off. A few minutes later, she was laced into her skates and they hit the ice. Sidney must’ve been tired from the practice he just completed, but he showed no sign of fatigue as he chased Taylor around the ice.
A few minutes later, Lauren heard a voice behind her. “Is this seat taken?”
“Hey Jordy.” Lauren grinned as he sat down next to her.
“Sometimes I think those two are worse than me and my brothers.” Jordan said, watching Taylor try to push Sidney over.
“They love getting to hang out like this. They don’t get to see each other often enough.”
“Yeah, I know what that’s like. I mean, I see Marc and Eric when we play each other, but I rarely see Jared and I almost never get to go see him play.”
“Growing up sucks, doesn’t it?” Lauren said.
Jordan laughed. “Yeah, but it’s pretty great too. I mean, I’m sort of a grown-up now, but I get to play a game that I love…and they pay me to do it too – imagine that!”
“Crazy.” Lauren laughed.
“So I heard a rumor about you. A really good one.” Jordan said coyly.
“Oh yeah?”
“Yeah. I heard I’m going to get to see you a lot more often from now on.”
“There may be some truth to that.” Lauren said wryly.
“Woohoo!” Jordan screamed, loud enough for Sid and Taylor to look over in their direction. Jordan and Lauren laughed and waved at them before they turned their attention back to the game of keep-away they had begun. “I’m really glad, Lauren.” Jordan said, seriously.
“Me too.” She said, giving Jordan a warm smile. “Even if it means I’ll have to put up with even more of your crazy shenanigans.”
“Moi?” he asked innocently, putting his hand on his chest innocently.
“Oui!” she said, pushing him playfully.
They watched Sidney and Taylor exit the ice and head off in opposite directions – Sidney to the locker room to shower and Taylor to the unoccupied visitor’s locker to shower as well. Fifteen minutes later, Sid and Taylor were clean and dressed.
“What’s for dinner? I’m starving.” Sidney said as they climbed into the car.
“Nathalie’s cooking for all of us.” Lauren said with a grin.
“Mmm, it’ll be delicious, whatever it is.” Sidney said, rubbing his stomach.
The house was buzzing with voices and laughter when they got home. When they entered the kitchen, Sidney greeted his mom with a hug and kissed the top of her head. He hugged his dad and Taylor was showered with hugs from the Lemieux family.
Dinner was full of conversation and laughter and they spent the rest of the evening curled up on couches, just hanging out.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
cute. [:
as always. =D
I can just imagine that with Taylor and Sid. Great as alway.
When is she going to bang Staalsy?
Was that too bold?
Ok, when is she going to realize that she wants to bang Staalsy?
Better?
Anyway... loved it. Can't wait for more.
:]
Sid's gonna be a great dad someday!
As always great chapter. I love how close Sid and Taylor are.
And I also love they Lauren and Jordan are such good friends, however I really can`t see anything happening between them.
Can`t wait to see what happens next.
loved it, especially the part with Sid and Taylor were playing out on the ice...great, as always, and update soon, as always
wow. what can we say? really , u always write great stories that make our hearts beat so fast and make us saw "awe"..heheh this chapter was great as always......btw, cna u tell us if the engagement is coming soon? ( i seriously cant wait for that part knowing that ur writing is gonna make us cry and make us wanna have guys like him)lol
When is she going to bang Staalsy?
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks like that. I swear, you write their plotline laced with sexual tension just to tease us. :)
Heart & Soul is like wearing your favorite pair of sweats after a long day...but in literary form. It always makes me happy.
hahah where Staalsy is concerned, the sexual tension just sort of comes naturally...I mean, look at him.
And thanks for all the comments! For me, reading them is like a favorite pair of sweats after a long day!
Post a Comment