The alarm clock went off painfully early the next morning. Sidney was excited for his surprise, though, and he bounced out of bed. “Rise and shine, beautiful!” he said, leaning down to kiss the back of her neck. They put on some sweats and took their suitcases to the car that was waiting out front to take them to the airport. They rode to the airport with Troy, Trina, and Taylor, and said their goodbyes as they went to separate gates. When they got to the gate, Sidney saw the sign and realized they were getting on a flight to the city of Quebec. “Canada, eh?” he said, grinning.
“Yep.” She said with a smile, revealing nothing else. The flight was long, and they both slept most of the way there. When the pilot announced they were beginning to descend, Sidney gently rubbed Lauren’s shoulder until she woke up.
“You want to tell me where we’re going yet?” he asked for the hundredth time.
“You’ll see.” She smiled, kissing him.
“I’m hoping if I keep asking, you’ll cave in and tell me. Not that I’m not enjoying just being with you. This is a great present already.” He said, kissing her forehead.
“Sidney, I’m as stubborn as you are. Of course I’m not going to tell. But I’m having a great time spending time with you too.” She said, snuggling against him.
They landed and headed to baggage claim, where a driver was waiting for them. He carried their bags out to a long black stretch limousine.
Sidney whistled. “Oh, fancy!” He said. She just laughed, knowing he was used to SUVs or Town Cars.
“It’s all part of the trip. If neither of us has to worry about driving, we can just spend time together.” She grinned at him as they climbed in the backseat.
He climbed in behind her and pulled her towards him. “Well then let’s make the most of our time, then.” He said, kissing her softly on the lips. They talked most of the way there, stealing kisses pretty frequently as well. They talked about the games he had coming up, and they talked about what they wanted to do while they were in Chicago for the Winter Classic game.
Pretty soon, the limo came to a stop. Lauren was surprised that Sidney had tried to look out the window to see where they were going. The driver opened the door and Sidney stepped out, offering a hand to Lauren. When she stepped out, she grinned at his expression. His jaw was dropped and he was looking around in awe.
“Do you know where we’re at?” she asked.
“Le Chateau Frontenac.” He answered, accenting his voice perfectly. “I’ve heard about this place before, but I’ve never actually stayed here. It’s gorgeous.”
“Mmhmm. My family stayed a night here on a family vacation once and I’ve wanted to bring you here for a while.” She said, taking his arm and leading him towards the entrance of the grand hotel. Sidney remembered her telling him about the family vacation they had taken through Canada several years earlier.
**Flashback**
“Have you ever been to Canada?” Sidney asked Lauren.
“Yeah, several times actually. I’ve been to Niagara Falls and Toronto several times, and we took a family vacation through a lot of eastern Canada once. It was a great trip.”
“Really? Where all did you go?” he asked.
“Oh, let’s see. We went through parts of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and then back down through New England.” She said, counting off each location on her fingers.
“Nova Scotia? Did you go through Halifax?” He asked excitedly.
“Yes, but I don’t remember if we went through Cole Harbour or Enfield or even Dartmouth. I just remember Halifax.” She smiled at his child-like enthusiasm.
“Aww, that’s so sweet. You came to visit me!” he joked.
“It was beautiful there. I loved everything about that trip, except for being stuck in the car for two weeks.”
“It is beautiful there. That’s why I love it so much. The people are awesome too.” He said. He had a faraway look in his eyes, like he was picturing his home and his family and friends.
“Yeah! There’s this guy I know from Nova Scotia, and he’s the greatest person I’ve ever met. He’s pretty much the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” She said, grinning at him.
He kissed her softly on the lips. “He thinks you’re the best too.” Sidney replied with a smile.
**End Flashback**
“I love you for thinking of me like this. This is the perfect Christmas present.” He said as they walked into their concierge level suite. She had chosen the nicest room available. It was a one bedroom suite, with a King-size bed and a spacious living room with a private balcony overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The bellman set their bags down in the bedroom and left. There was a bottle of champagne chilling on the Kitchenette counter, with a small placard sitting in front of it. “Merry Christmas, Sidney. Love you always, Lauren.” Sidney read. He popped the bottle of champagne open and poured them each a glass. He turned to face her and raised his glass. “To the love of my life, and the best Christmas ever. I love you, Lauren.” He said, clinking his glass against hers.
“I love you too, Sidney.” She said before they each took a drink from their glass. They went out on the balcony to see the view.
“Well, it’s not a parking lot.” Sidney teased her, recalling the view from her hotel room on their first trip to Montreal. They stared out at the icy-looking water of the river, just enjoying the moment and being with one another.
“Want to go for a swim?” she asked him.
“In the river? I don’t think so, babe.” He said, raising his eyebrow.
“No, silly, in the pool.” She said, smacking him playfully on the arm.
“Hmm? Seeing my hot girlfriend in her bikini? That’s a tough call.” He said, putting his finger on his temple like he was deep in thought.
She smacked him again as they walked back inside. Much to Sidney’s protest, Lauren grabbed her swimsuit and stepped inside the bathroom to change, leaving him alone in the bedroom. She emerged a moment later wearing a simple, but sexy black bikini. He whistled in approval and allowed his eyes to freely roam, causing her to blush. She grabbed one of his t-shirts and pulled it over her head.
The concierge level had its own private pool, and luckily they had it to themselves. They played like children, splashing around and racing each other. Lauren grabbed a couple of pennies and they took turns throwing them into the water for the other person to find. After a few hours, they were starting to get hungry, so they headed back to the room to change. Lauren took a shower while Sidney shaved, and when she was done in the shower, she pulled the shower curtain open, knowing he was standing at the sink. He dropped the electric shaver in the sink at the sight of her wet, naked body. She smiled coyly at him and he walked over towards her and just stared.
“You’re not done in the shower, you know that, right?” he said, kissing her neck. She wrapped her arms around his bare shoulders and smiled.
“Good. Then my plan to seduce you worked.” She laughed.
“Yeah, like you really have to make a serious effort in order to seduce me. When it comes to you, I’m pretty easy.” He joked, sliding out of his boxers and turning the water back on.
She shampooed his head and then put some soap on a washcloth and ran it over his back and chest. She put the washcloth down and took his throbbing erection in her hands, running her fingers up and down its length. He moaned and leaned back against the shower wall for support. He kissed her hard and she continued stroking him harder and faster. He turned her around and slammed her up against the shower wall, lifting her off her feet and sliding into her, finding her wet and ready for him. She wrapped her arms around his neck for support and thrust harder, feeling her muscles clenching around him. His lips found hers and their tongues fought for dominance. Finally, Sidney’s vision blurred and he felt her body quivering in his arms, waves of pleasure rolling through both of them.
He set her feet back on the ground and kissed her softly. “I love you.” He said, staring into her eyes.
She smiled and kissed his chest. “I love you too, Sidney.” They stood under the running water for a few minutes longer before she turned the water off and he grabbed them each a towel off the warming towel bar.
Sidney pulled his suit out of his garment bag and Lauren pulled a dress out of her garment bag and disappeared back into the bathroom. A moment later, she emerged wearing a green dress that fell to the knees. “Hey Sid?” she said, causing him to look up. When he saw her, his eyes lit up.
“Wow.” He said quietly, his eyes sparkling as they looked into hers.
She turned around and smiled at him over her shoulder. “Can you get the zipper?” she asked.
He helped her zip her dress, running his fingers over the soft skin of her back as he did so. She leaned back into him and he kissed her neck, admiring the perfect amount of cleavage that was exposed by the plunging neckline of the dress. She was wearing the circle pendant he had given her, and the diamonds sparkled against her ivory skin. He inhaled, the sweet scent of her perfume leaving him feeling almost intoxicated.
“Ready to go?” she asked, turning her head to kiss his cheek.
“Yes.” He said, helping her into her jacket. He offered his arm to her and they headed towards the lobby, where a car was waiting out front.
Lauren had made reservations at a quiet little restaurant just a few blocks from the hotel. She had made the reservation in her name, so the maître d’ looked shocked when Sidney walked in.
Sidney greeted the staff in French as they were quickly seated, and Lauren marveled at how adorable he sounded.
A moment later, the waiter brought a bottle of champagne to the table. “Compliments of the chef.” He explained, pouring them each a glass and leaving the bottle to chill in a bucket by the table.
“Merry Christmas, Sidney. I hope you like your present.” Lauren said, raising her glass to his.
“I love my present. I got exactly what I wanted – to spend time with the love of my life. Merry Christmas, Lauren.” He said, clinking his glass against hers.
They spent the next day sightseeing in Quebec. Even though he was bundled up underneath his coat and scarf and had a toque pulled down over his head, Sidney attracted a crowd wherever they went, but the people were all fairly polite about respecting their privacy. When they would get too cold, they’d duck into a small café for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. Sidney cherished times like this, when he got to do “normal couple things” with Lauren. He was excited about their trip to Chicago, but he knew it wouldn’t be like this – where he could pretend he wasn’t famous and that he was just a love-struck boy spending time with his girlfriend. He let out a long sigh.
“Sid? Are you alright?” she asked, squeezing his hand.
“Yeah, I’m great.” He said, leaning down to kiss her forehead. “I was just thinking about how nice this trip is. Thank you for doing this.”
“You’re welcome. But I’ll admit, I had slightly selfish motives too. I wanted to steal you away from the rest of the world, if only for a few days.” She said, grinning at him.
“Well, I’m glad you did. A get-away with you is exactly what I needed.” He kissed her again.
Here are some pictures of Le Chateau Frontenac…


And here is a picture of the Quebec skyline, where you can see how impressive this hotel is...
Sorry some of the pictures aren't great quality, I just pulled them off Google images really quick...my family really did stay there once and it was awesome. As you can imagine, the inside is gorgeous!
Sorry some of the pictures aren't great quality, I just pulled them off Google images really quick...my family really did stay there once and it was awesome. As you can imagine, the inside is gorgeous!

8 comments:
So cute... I'd love to get away with Sid in Quebec City for a few days. I'm looking forward to the rest of the their trip and holiday together.
Oh, and I put a little nod to Quebec City in my last chapter! Thanks for the inspiration.
~Traci
Oh my Lord! The hotel... and Quebec... are absolutely GORGEOUS! Great chapter, as always!
I love that she snuck him off for a romantic getaway...more soon, please...fab, as usual...
I loved it & I remember seeing pictures of it in French class. Absolutely beautiful. Can`t wait for more.
Aww that was such a great chapter!!!
More Soon!!!
Aww that was such a great chapter!!!
More Soon!!!
my prom was at the Chateau Laurier which is almost identical to Frontenac... they are some of the most unbelievably gorgeous hotels in the world (but then, I may be biased)
@Mer: I am so jealous - I'll bet your prom was beautiful!
My prom was at Heinz Field, in Pittsburgh (which I consider to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but then again, I'm probably a little biased)
I LOVED that trip my family took to Canada - there are so many places I would love to go back to!
Post a Comment