Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chapter 16

As promised, here is the next chapter! :)

Chapter 16
They went down to the lobby and Marc was there with his arm around a beautiful brunette. “Lauren! It’s so good to see you again!” he said, in an adorable French accent. He came over and hugged her and shook Sidney’s hand. “Lauren, this is my girlfriend, Vero.” The women smiled at each other and shook hands.
“And Vero, this is my girlfriend, Lauren.” Sidney said, grinning at Marc-Andre.
“Ahh, so it’s official now, then?” Marc inquired.
“Yes, but that’s classified information.” Sidney said. Marc nodded his head in understanding and winked at Lauren.
On the way to the restaurant, Lauren and Vero sat in the back, and the guys sat up front. Lauren told the story of how her and Sidney met, with Sidney and Marc adding details as she went on. By the time Lauren was done, Vero was laughing hysterically. “Wow, that’s quite a story to tell the grandchildren someday.” She said. Vero then realized that it was probably too soon to be talking about Lauren and Sidney having children, let alone grandchildren. She quickly fell silent, but Sidney looked at Lauren in the rearview mirror and just winked at her.
Lauren had a wonderful time at dinner. She loved listening to Marc and Sidney tell stories about their teammates, and her and Vero really hit it off as well. Vero invited her to sit with her when at the game the next day, and Lauren was glad to have a new friend.
“Sidney, I have no idea what this girl sees in you, but I like her.” Marc said.
“Geez, why does everyone keep saying that?” Sidney said with mock exasperation.
“He’s only teasing.” Vero said, hitting Marc on the arm. “Lauren, Sidney is a gem. I’m glad he finally found a girl even more wonderful than he is.”
“Thank you, Vero.” Sidney said, glaring at Marc.
“Yeah, he’s okay.” Marc said. They all laughed.
After dinner, they drove back to the hotel. They said goodnight and Sidney and Lauren walked hand in hand up to their rooms. When they stood outside their rooms, Sidney said, “Finally.”
“What? Was the elevator ride too exhausting for you or something?” Lauren laughed.
“No, it’s not that. I missed you all day today, and then I had to share you tonight. Now I finally get to have you all to myself.” He said with a smile.
Lauren laughed. “I’d kiss you right now for being so damn cute, but we’re still in the middle of the hallway.”
“Stay with me tonight?” Sidney asked, swiping his key in his door.
Lauren smiled warmly. “I’d love to. But I don’t want to mess up any night-before-a-game rituals you have.” She giggled, thinking of the strict routine he followed before a game.
He laughed. “You definitely won’t. Besides, I think sleeping with you in my arms should become a new ritual for me.” He grinned wickedly.
“I wouldn’t say that just yet. You never know how you’ll play tomorrow night. I take no blame for any of it.” Lauren said, holding her hands up. “But give me like ten minutes to wash my face and take out my contacts?”
“Okay, but hurry!” Sidney said. She laughed and went into her room.
Lauren knocked on his door exactly eight minutes later. He opened his door wearing only a pair of boxers. “I’m here a whole two minutes before I said I would be!” She exclaimed, giggling. “Nice outfit, by the way.” She said, looking him up and down.
He laughed and pulled her into the room. He finished folding his shirt and putting it in his suitcase and she plopped down on his bed. He came over and crawled into bed next to her. He was lying on his side so he could face her.
“Lauren,” he said, looking into her green eyes, “I just wanted to tell you that you’re really special. And I love being around you. And I want to be around you for a very, very long time.”
“Sidney, I still can’t believe that I’m even here. This is so out of character for me to do something as crazy as going on a trip with someone I just met, but yet with you, it feels perfectly normal. And I want to be around you for a very, very long time.” She replied, as he nuzzled her neck.
“So we’re stuck with each other then, eh?” he said with a grin.
“Looks like it. But I’d say it’s a pretty damn good place to get stuck.” She smiled.

1 comment:

Tay Tay said...

UGH! This story is too darn cute! It makes me shriek! I cannot wait to see what happens next! :)