I just wanted to let you all know that it will be at least a few days before I update again - I'm moving tomorrow (for grad school) and I don't know yet when my internet will be working or when I will have time to update. Hopefully, I'll be able to update by the weekend (I'll go crazy if I don't have internet before then) but I just wanted to warn you all. Hope you like this chapter - let me know what you think! :)
Chapter 23
Lauren didn’t have any final exams, so finals week was pretty relaxing for her. She spent it packing her apartment and hanging out with friends. On Wednesday, a package showed up at Lauren’s apartment. She tore open the box and found a note on top.
Hey gorgeous – I’m not going to lie, Leanna helped me pick this out, but I thought you might like it. Can’t wait to see you tonight, birthday girl.
Love you always, Sidney
She smiled. Sidney was always doing cute things to surprise her. She opened the box and pulled out a beautiful little black dress. It was simple and elegant, which fit Lauren’s style to a tee. It had a light blue silk ribbon that tied around the middle.
Later that evening, Lauren showered and dried her hair, did her makeup and put on the dress from Sidney. It fit her perfectly and she couldn’t wait for him to see her in it. Around 6:30 he called to say he was downstairs. She walked out the back door of her apartment and found him parked in the back parking lot, leaning against his SUV. He looked gorgeous in his dark grey suit. He was wearing a white shirt underneath and his tie matched the silk ribbon on Lauren’s dress. He held a pink rose in his hand and his eyes grew wide with satisfaction when he saw her.
“Looking for me?” She asked as she walked towards him.
“Well, actually, I was looking for my girlfriend, but she seems to have gotten even more beautiful since the last time I saw her. I didn’t think that was even possible.” Sidney said, looking her up and down.
“You look pretty dapper, yourself, mister.” Lauren said, putting her hands on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her sweetly at first, but then deepened it.
Sidney took her to her favorite restaurant. There was an atrium in the back that they usually only used for private parties and events, but tonight it was reserved just for the two of them. They enjoyed a long dinner with a lot of laughter and talking. After dinner, he nodded his head toward the waiter and a moment later, Lauren heard the opening chords of her favorite song playing. She smiled at him and he stood up next to her and extended his hand out to her. May I have this dance, Miss Somers?”
She smiled and put her hand in his. “You may, Mr. Crosby.” He pulled her into his arms and held her close. Neither Sidney or Lauren could stop smiling, nor could they take their eyes off each other. Lauren started singing along and Sidney’s smile grew even more as she sang to him. Only to him.
It’s amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may, I could never explain
What I hear when you don’t say a thing
The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes saying you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you nothing at all
All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near you drown out the crowd
Old Mr. Webster could never define
What’s being said between your heart and mine
The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There’s a truth in your eyes saying you’ll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you’ll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you nothing at all
(AN: This really is my favorite song in the whole world! Here’s Allison Krauss singing it.)
When the music ended, both just stood there, wrapped up in each other’s arms. “You amaze me. Every day, every little thing that you do, it just makes me fall even more in love with you.” Sidney said, staring into Lauren’s eyes.
“I love you too, Sidney. More than anything. More than any song could express to you.” She kissed him gently on the lips.
The waiter cleared his throat. “Excuse me, I’m terribly sorry to interrupt, but dessert is ready.”
“Mmmmm dessert.” Lauren said, licking her lips playfully.
They split a piece of cheesecake with strawberries on top and then they headed to the hotel for the night.
When they got to the room, Lauren quickly closed the door and pushed Sidney against the wall and kissed him passionately. “Thank you for a wonderful birthday present. I loved tonight.”
“I still have something else for you.” Sidney said, leading her into the room. He went over to his suitcase and pulled out a wrapped box and handed it to her. “I hope you like it.”
She opened it and found a framed picture of the Montreal skyline at night. She looked over at him with an expression of pure joy and love. “Sidney, this is beautiful. I love it.” She whispered.
“I just wanted you to have something from that trip. It was in Montreal that I knew I was falling in love with you.”
“That’s when I fell in love with you too, Sidney. And now every time I look at this picture, I’ll get to fall in love with you all over again.” She set the picture down on the table and kissed him passionately. She gently pushed him towards the bed, not breaking the kiss. He gently laid her down on the bed and continued kissing her, working his way down to her neck.
She started to loosen his tie and unbutton his shirt when he stopped and looked her in the eyes. “Are you sure about this?” he asked breathlessly. She just looked at him and smiled.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, I cant wait for the next update!
Okay, enough already, can't wait for the update...
Dont leave it too long before you update again - your story is great.
Post a Comment