Friday, July 11, 2008

Chapter 10

Surprise! I said I probably wouldn't be updating since I'm at Virginia Beach with some friends, but we decided just to stay in and hang out tonight, so here's Chapter 10!

Chapter 10
When they got to the doors of their hotel rooms (their rooms were directly across the hall from each other), they stopped. Sidney fidgeted with his hands. “Ummm, do you want to come hang out for a while?” he asked her.
“Sure.” She smiled, grabbing his hand and following him into his room.
“Come here. I want to show you something.” He led her out onto the balcony. From there, they could see the whole skyline of Montreal.
“Wow. This is beautiful. I’m pretty sure my room has a view of the parking lot.” She laughed. “I think you definitely win the prize for having the better view.”
“Oh, I definitely agree.” He responded, staring intently into her eyes. “Have I told you how beautiful you are?”
“Not in the last hour or so.” She grinned, standing on her tip-toes in order to kiss the tip of his nose. He kissed her gently on the lips, and then she turned around to look out at the city. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her shoulder.
“Thanks for coming with me. I’m really glad you’re here.” He said.
“You know, two weeks ago, I probably would have laughed in someone’s face if they had told me that I’d leave the country with some guy I just met. Especially if they said that guy is a professional athlete. But with you, everything is just so different. This just seems so natural, like it’s supposed to be this way.” She said, leaning back into his chest. He held her tighter.
“I know exactly what you mean. I’ve never invited a girl to come on a road trip with me, but with you, I knew I didn’t want to go away without you.” He said. Just then, she shivered as a gust of wind passed through the cool night air. “Are you cold?” he asked her. She nodded and he disappeared inside. He reappeared a moment later with one of his sweatshirts.
“Thanks” she said, slipping the sweatshirt over her head. She inhaled and smiled when she realized it smelled like him. He stood behind her again, holding her close. They were standing there in silence looking out at the skyline. They couldn’t see each other’s faces, but each wore a content smile. They both snapped out of their daydreaming at the sound of Sidney’s cell phone ringing in his pocket.
“Ugh.” He groaned. “Hello?” he said, answering the call. The person on the other end of the line started talking. He covered the phone with his hand and whispered in her ear. “I’ll be right back.” And he disappeared inside again.
The door was still open, and through the curtains she could see him laying on the bed listening to whoever he was talking to. He looked really bored and he was pouting his bottom lip. Lauren couldn’t help but smile at how adorable he looked. She kept watching him and a few minutes later, she saw him set the phone down on the nightstand. “Lauren?” he called to her. She stepped inside and shut the door behind her. “Sorry about that. That was Pat. He wants to run through the schedule for tomorrow. He’ll be here in a few minutes.” He rolled his eyes.
Sidney could see the disappointment in her eyes, but she smiled. “It’s okay, I don’t mind. I’m kind of tired, so I think I’ll head to bed.” He followed her to the door. “I had a lot of fun with your family tonight. They obviously love you a lot.” She said, turning to face him.
“Uhh, I’m pretty sure after tonight, they love you even more than they love me.” He laughed. “My parents couldn’t get enough of you. And frankly, neither can I.” he told her. He leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. She responded by putting her hand on the back of his neck, pulling him closer to her. He held her face in his hands. When their lips parted, they said goodnight and she went across the hall to her room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your story is great. Keep on going with it!

Aeryn said...

I love your story. Can't wait for the next update!

Pensgirl87 said...

love it keep up the good work

Lauren said...

Thanks! I hope to have another chapter up today!