Chapter 12
The next morning, Lauren woke up and smiled when she realized she was still in Sidney’s arms. She looked over at the clock and saw that it was a little after eight. They were meeting the Crosby’s for brunch at ten.
“Sidney…” she said softly, rubbing his chest. He moaned but didn’t open his eyes. She starting placing small kisses up his neck and worked her way up to his jaw line. When she reached his mouth, he surprised her by kissing her back.
“Mmmm. Best wake-up call ever.” He grinned, fluttering his hazel eyes open.
“Well, I could have kept sleeping like this all day, but I need to shower and get ready if we’re going to meet your family for brunch at ten.” She said.
“Me too.” He grinned.” And if I didn’t know how much it would disappoint Taylor, I would totally call and tell them we’re not coming.”
“I couldn’t let you do that to her. I want your family to like me, not curse me for keeping you away, remember?”
“Baby, if anything, they’d get mad at me for keeping you away.” He laughed.
“Well, I don’t know about that, but I do know that I need a shower. And so do you.” She kissed him quickly and got up out of bed and headed towards the bathroom. “You, mister, had better not still be in bed when I get out of the shower. I expect you to be in your own shower by then.”
“But-“ he started to protest but she leaned down and kissed him again.
“No buts, it’s time to get up sleepy-head.” She said ruffling his hair before she went into the bathroom and closed the door. A moment later, Sidney heard the water come on and he got up out of bed to go back over to his own room. He had just put his hand on the door handle to open it when he heard her start to sing. She had the most beautiful voice he had ever heard. He sat back down on the bed and listened to her sing. Sidney was sure she thought he had already left, and felt guilty for staying, but he couldn’t bring himself to leave. Before he realized it, she was done in the shower and she opened the bathroom door and walked out into the bedroom wearing only a towel.
“Sidney!” she shrieked when she saw he was still there. “I thought you left! You better go get ready.”
“How come you never mentioned that you could sing?”
Her cheeks turned bright red. “You heard me?” She asked, obviously embarrassed.
“It was quite possibly the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.” He responded, staring into her eyes.
“Umm Sidney, I need to get dressed.” She said, pointing to her towel. “And you need to get a shower.”
“Well, I’d be lying if I let you think that I didn’t like what you are wearing right now.” He smirked. “But I probably should get a shower so I can smell half as good as you.” He said, kissing her neck before he went back to his own room.
About 45 minutes later, Sidney emerged from his hotel room, showered and dressed. He knocked on Lauren’s door and a moment later, she opened the door. Her eyes lit up when she saw him. “You clean up well.” She joked.
“Ha ha. And you, my dear, look beautiful, as always. But I really liked what you were wearing earlier better.” He grinned, remembering her standing there in only a towel.
“If you play your cards right, I just might wear that ‘outfit’ again for you sometime.” She laughed.
“To be perfectly honest, I’d like to see you wearing a whole lot less than that towel.” He smirked, winking at her.
Her face blushed a deep red. “Sidney!” she exclaimed.
“What? It’s not my fault you’re so damn hot.” He replied, kissing each of her ever-blushing cheeks. “And besides, you’re pretty cute when you blush.”
She blushed again, as if that were possible. “You’re quite the charmer, you know that, Crosby?” She said, kissing him gently on the lips.
“I have my moments.” He replied, kissing her neck. He took her face in his hands and looked her intently in the eyes. “At the risk of pushing you too far, seriously, how come you didn’t tell me that you could sing?” He asked her.
“It’s no big deal. It’s just something I’ve always loved to do, but I’ve always been kind of shy about it. I usually don’t sing for people, and I certainly didn’t think you were still in the room this morning.” She shifted nervously, trying to avoid his gaze.
“It is a big deal. And I’m sorry that I was listening in – it probably wasn’t the most polite thing to do. But I couldn’t help it. You just sounded so sweet.” Sidney said, giving her sad, puppy-dog eyes.
“Surprisingly, I don’t really mind that you heard me. I don’t know why, I just don’t care. It’s weird; everything just seems so different with you.” She smiled at him.
He kissed her gently on the forehead and laced his fingers with hers as they walked down to the lobby to meet his family for brunch.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Such a cute chapter! I love how you take a different point of view in the story and write in third person, it's really interesting
Thanks.. and the drama will be coming.
It's hard to build a story up to the drama.
But I am planning on some drama.
I am SO sorry! I just now read the comment you left on mrsjordanstaal11eh's blog... wow that's a long name... so I added you to the list! I have written quite a few chapters since then, so I'll give you time to catch up before I post anymore! I AM SO SORRY I didn't get back to you till now! My fault entirely! But, on the upside, I LOVE your story! haha, thanks for being interested in mine! I hope you get to read it soon!
P.S. I love your story! Keep it going!
honestley, this is about the most adorable story i've ever read.
i'm completely in love with it.
you're a great writer and i totally cannot wait until the next update. [just about as much as i can't wait for the 1st pens game lol.]
Aww thanks! That is so sweet of you to say! I am having a lot of fun writing this story, so I'm glad other people seem to be enjoying it too!
And I totally know what you mean about waiting (impatiently) for the first game of the season!
SO CUTE! I love their relationship... can't wait to see what happens next!
Post a Comment