Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chapter 15

Chapter 15
When Lauren got back to her hotel room, she took a nap for a little while and woke up to the ringing of her cell phone. At first, she silently cursed whoever called and woke her up, but all her negative feelings vanished when she saw that it was Sidney. “Hello?” she said.
“Hey! How are you? How was your day today?” Sidney said.
“It was actually a lot of fun! I really enjoyed spending time with your family and getting a chance to talk with them. I hope they like me as much as I like them.”
“You’re joking, right? All three of them have already called me and left voicemails asking why I didn’t meet you sooner! If they could, I’m pretty sure they would kick me out of the family and take you instead!” Sidney said cheerfully.
“I don’t know about that – they all love you a lot. And they certainly made me feel like family, whether or not I actually am.”
“Well maybe someday you’ll actually be part of the family.” Sidney said, and then instantly panicked. He couldn’t believe he just said that out loud. He’d only asked her to be his girlfriend the day before, and now he was talking about making her part of the family! He definitely didn’t want to freak her out. Before he could say anything else though, Lauren spoke up.
“Someday…I’d like that.” She replied wistfully. “So how was your day?” She asked.
“It was okay, I suppose. Practice went pretty well, as you saw, and then the rest of the day wasn’t anything too out of the ordinary. I missed you, though. I’m pretty jealous that my family got to spend a whole fun day with you.” He said.
“Aww I missed you too!” she gushed. “Where are you, anyways?”
“I have two more quick interviews and then I’m coming back to the hotel. Marc wants to know if you and I would like to go out to dinner with him and his girlfriend, Vero?” Sidney asked.
“Sure!”
“That’s good, because he told me he already made a reservation.” Sidney admitted with a chuckle. “It’s for 7:30. So I’ll come over to your room around 7:15 or so?” He asked.
“Yeah that sounds great! See you then!”
A few minutes later, Lauren got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Just as she was drying off, she heard someone knocking on the hotel room door. “Just a minute!” She yelled. She quickly threw on the t-shirt and shorts she had been wearing later. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see Sidney standing there. “Umm, I thought you weren’t coming until 7:15.” She said, turning around to look at the clock. “It’s only 6:45. And as you can see,” she said, pointing to her wet hair, “I’m not quite ready yet.”
“Oh, I know. I still have to get a shower and change my clothes. I just couldn’t wait that long to see you.” He said, handing her the pink rose he had been holding in his hand. She smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. He stepped towards her and deepened the kiss. She put her arms around his neck and he ran his fingers through her wet hair. When their lips broke apart, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. “I’ve been thinking kissing you all day.” He said, satisfied.
She smiled up at him and traced his lips with her finger. “Was it worth the wait?” she asked him playfully.
He pretended to contemplate his answer and she opened her mouth in mock disbelief. “Yes, it was definitely worth it.” He flashed her that famous toothy grin. He gave her another short kiss on the lips and then went over to his own room to shower and change.
As she finished getting ready, Lauren smiled as she looked at the rose that was sitting next to the sink. She wondered how she could be so lucky.
At about 7:10, Lauren was ready to go and so she went over to Sidney’s door and knocked. He answered a moment later, wearing a pair of dress slacks and a towel wrapped around his neck, exposing his bare, muscular chest and abs. A smile formed on his lips when he saw how beautiful she looked. He whistled at her. “Damn.” He said, taking her hand and twirling her around.
She giggled as he pulled her into his arms. “I take it you approve?”
He answered by kissing her passionately on the lips. “Oh yeah. You look amazing.” He kissed her again and worked his way down her neck as she ran her fingers through his hair, which was still wet from his shower. He could smell her perfume and it was driving him wild. “What perfume are you wearing? It smells phenomenal.” He asked her.
“It’s Love Spell, from Victoria’s Secret.” She replied.
“Oh, I’m pretty sure I’m already under one.” He said huskily.
They both smiled and she kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear, “Me too babe.”

1 comment:

crosbystaal8711 said...

aww way to cute! i love sid and i love this story! lol amazing job =)