Sorry there was no update yesterday - I had to go finish moving out of my college apartment and then I was just exhausted last night :( I should have Chapter 19 posted by tonight though, so hopefully that makes up for it! :)
Chapter 18
The next morning, they woke up, packed up their rooms, and headed to the lobby to have breakfast with his family and then they all went to the airport. At the main terminal, they parted ways.
“Sidney, I’ll see you in Pittsburgh in a few days.” Troy said.
“Okay Dad.” Sidney replied, shaking his dad’s hand. “Bye mom.” He said, giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “I love you.”
“I love you too, Sidney.” Trina replied.
Sidney picked Taylor up and spun her around. “I’m going to miss you most of all, kiddo.”
Taylor giggled. “Sidney, Mom and I are coming down for a game in a few weeks!”
“I know, but in the mean time, who’s going to be there to keep all your boyfriends in line?”
“I don’t have any boyfriends, Sidney.”
“Exactly. That’s the way it should be.” Sidney said, looking satisfied.
Taylor giggled and Sidney put her down. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. “By squirt, see you soon.”
“Bye, Lauren. It was so nice meeting you and I hope we get to see you again very soon. “ Trina said, wrapping Lauren in a tight hug.
“Likewise. I loved meeting you all. I can see where Sidney gets his good nature from.”
“Sidney, this goes without saying, but don’t mess things up with her. She’s a keeper.” Troy said, winking at Lauren. Trina and Taylor both nodded their head in agreement.
“See? I told you my family likes you more than they like me.” Sidney said to Lauren. They all laughed and Sidney and Lauren headed towards their gate.
“Thanks for the best spring break trip I ever had.” Lauren said, smiling at Sidney. He was wearing a plain (AN: Not RBK, lol) baseball cap and had the hood of his sweatshirt up.
“No, thank you for the best road trip I ever had. And thanks for being so great with my family. They really like you. A lot. As in, more than they like me.”
She laughed. “I really like them too. I just felt right at home with them. And your teammates were great too. You all seem like good friends.”
“They’re the best. And they love you too. Jordan texted me again this morning to tell me how cool you are and how he wants us all to hang out next time you are in Pittsburgh.” Sidney said.
“Tell him we will definitely hang out next time I’m home. Which will hopefully be soon.”
The flight home was uneventful. Lauren and Sidney both slept most of the flight and pretty soon they were home in Pittsburgh. Because the airport was crowded, Sidney and Lauren headed straight to the car and the driver picked up their luggage in baggage claim. The driver took them to Mario’s house in Sewickley and from there, Sidney drove Lauren home. They said their good-byes and she drove back to school.
When she got back to school, she sent Sidney a text message.
Hey handsome – I’m back at school. Is it too early to tell you I miss you?
A moment later, she received a text.
I’ve been missing you since I pulled out of your driveway. Pittsburgh is boring without you.
She laughed and responded.
You live with four kids. Go find one of them to play video games with.
A minute later, her phone beeped again, signaling a new message.
Okay, but only if you promise to call me before you go to bed so I can say goodnight.
I promise. I’ll call you in like an hour or so. xoxo
Lauren wandered down the hall and found that her roommate Beth was in the living room. Since Beth was from Erie, she never really went home for breaks. “Beth, I met someone.” Lauren gushed, unable to keep from smiling.
“Ooooooo! Tell me about him!”
“Well, he’s sort of well-known in Pittsburgh. Hell, he’s sort of well-known everywhere.” Lauren began.
“Who is he? What’s his name?” Beth asked excitedly.
“Sidney Crosby.”
“Umm, well that name sounds sort of familiar, but I don’t know why.”
“Since you’re from a town that doesn’t have an NHL team, and you’re not really a hockey fan otherwise, I guess I will let that slide. He plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins.”
“Wow, that’s really cool. How did you meet him?”
Lauren proceeded to tell her the whole story of that day at the rink (AN: Read Chapter 1 if you need a refresher). Beth laughed and said, “Wow, he’s definitely special.”
“Yeah, it’s so different with him. I mean, you know me. I’d never do something like this. But it just felt right. I had such a good time with him. And I just can’t believe that the guy I like actually likes me back. It never works out like that with me. They either don’t like me, or they like me after I stop liking them.”
“When do I get to meet this guy? Do you have a picture of him?”
Lauren laughed at all of Beth’s questions. “Well, he’s going to try and come up for a day or something soon, but it’s the middle of the season, and after that will be the playoffs, so I’m not sure if he’ll actually get a whole day off. But I’m going to see him whenever I go home, as long as he’s not out of town too. And as for the pictures, I do have some pictures on my camera.”
Beth flipped through the pictures on Lauren’s camera. “Wow. He’s cute.”
“Yeah.” Lauren gushed.
“You guys look like you belong together.”
“Thanks. I think so too.”
“Oooh!” Beth squealed as she got to a picture of them out on the balcony one night. At the last minute, Sidney had turned and kissed Lauren’s cheek. “How adorable is that?”
“It’s one of my favorites.” Lauren said, smiling. After talking with Beth a little while longer, Lauren went back to her room to unpack the rest of her things. Around 10:30, she was in her pajamas and watching TV in bed when she called Sidney.
On the second ring, Sidney answered. “Hello?” he said breathlessly. She could hear someone cheering in the background.
“Hey! Are you okay? You sound like you’re out of breath.”
“Yeah, Austin and Stephanie and I were just playing Guitar Hero, and it got a little intense.”
She laughed. “See? I told you that you would find something to do. It sounds like someone is a little excited.”
He laughed too, that adorable little giggle. “Yeah, Stephanie kicked both of our butts.” He admitted. “Hold on a minute. Let me go to the other room where it’s quieter.”
“I just called to say goodnight. I’m sad my spring break is over.”
“I’m sad too. When can I call you tomorrow?”
“I have student teaching all day, but I usually check messages at lunch time, and then I usually leave around 4:00 or 4:30.”
“Ok, sounds good. Sweet dreams, Lauren. I miss you.”
“I miss you too. And sweet dreams to you, too, Sidney.”
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So I was really bored & came across your story. I was going to try & read all of it today, but I have to go do something soon so it`s not really an option. But so far I love the story & haven`t been able to stop reading, I have to peel myself away from the computer right now lol. I love Lauren & Sid`s relationship & I love the whole story. I can`t wait to read the rest.
Oh if you would like & if your a Staal fan it would mean a lot if you could check my story out. mrsjordanstaal11.blogspot.com
Post a Comment