Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chapter 21

Sorry it's short, but here's a little update!

Chapter 21
That Thursday, Lauren’s mom, dad, 15-year-old brother Jake, 24-year-old sister Leanna, and Leanna’s husband Jeff, went to the Penguins game. Sidney had reserved seats for them.
“I can’t believe that’s really my little sister’s boyfriend.” Leanna said as she watched Sidney land his second assist of the game. He had scored a goal earlier in the period as well.
“I know! That’s like, Sidney Crosby.” Jeff said.
“No, it is Sidney Crosby.” Lauren’s mom said, laughing.
Leanna’s sent Lauren a text message.
Your boyfriend is tearin’ it up out there! Is he really that great in person, too?
A moment later, Lauren responded.
Haha, even better. And after the game he’s having tonight, he’ll be especially wound up when you meet him.
After the game, an usher came and escorted Lauren’s family down to the media lounge. After a little while, Sidney came over to them. “Hello!” he said, giving her mom a hug and shaking her dad’s hand. “It’s so good to see you again!”
“Hi, Sidney. Great game tonight. This is our son Jake, our daughter Leanna, and her husband Jeff.” Sidney shook hands with each of them.
“It’s so nice to finally meet all of you. Lauren always talks about how much she loves you guys.”
“She speaks pretty highly of you too.” Leanna said, causing Sidney to blush.
Sidney signed some autographs for Jake and Jeff, and posed for a picture with Leanna. Leanna had Jeff take a picture of her and Sidney on her phone, and she quickly sent it to Lauren.
I officially approve of him now, little sis. He’s wonderful!
Lauren smiled when she saw the picture of Sidney and her sister.
Thanks, Le. He is pretty wonderful. I wish was there with you guys. I love you both.
Leanna showed Sidney the text message that Lauren sent her and his eyes lit up. He couldn’t wait until he got out of the rink and he could call Lauren. Seeing her family made him miss her even more and he desperately wanted to hear her voice. He said goodbye to her family and headed out towards his car. He signed autographs for about 45 minutes before security came and disbursed the crowd. The minute Sidney got into his car, he dialed Lauren’s number. He knew she would probably be in bed, but he wanted to talk to her, at least for a few minutes.
“Hey there, superstar. Good game tonight.” Her voice was groggy, so he could tell she had been asleep.
“I didn’t mean to wake you up baby, I just wanted to call and say goodnight.”
“Sid, I will never mind being woken up by you. Granted, you’re the only person that can get away with that, but still, I love hearing your voice. I miss you, though.”
“I miss you, too. I loved meeting your siblings tonight, but it just made me wish you were here.”
“You certainly made quite the impression on Leanna. She raved about you for almost half an hour on their way home.”
“I like her, too. She adores you just about as much as I do, so I think her and I will get along well. I’ll let you get back to sleep. I love you and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

3 comments:

Kim said...

just wanted to say that i love your story so far and am glad i found your blog!!!!

CrosbysBabe87 said...

Love the update!!

Update soon!!

Erika Zimmerman said...

GAH! so. freaking. cute.