Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Later that night, Lauren was paralleling parking her car outside Gullifty’s as Sidney walked up the sidewalk. He was wearing jeans, a hoodie, and his RBK hat, and his hood was pulled up. As she got out of the car, Sidney marveled, “Let me get this straight. You’re gorgeous, charming, fun, an amazing kisser and you can parallel park? You are too good to be true.”
She laughed. “Well, I think if you saw my ice skating skills, or lack thereof, or my dancing ability for that matter, you’d probably run screaming in the other direction. But did I hear you mention something about a kiss?” He wrapped his arm around her waist and she pulled the strings on his hoodie as she looked up at him. He sweetly kissed her lips.
“Yeah, I’m not sure if amazing quite covers it. I don’t think there’s a word for it.” He said, smiling. She leaned up and kissed him again.
As they walked into the restaurant he said, “Well, I can definitely help you out with the ice skating thing, but as for dancing, I’m suuuuuure you’re better than I am. My gracefulness ends the minute I step out of my skates.”
“So it’s agreed that you’ll never make me go dancing with you then?” She asked.
“Definitely agreed. Although I can slow dance, and I definitely wouldn’t mind slow-dancing with you.” He winked at her.
“Me too.” She winked back. They sat down at a booth in the corner of the upper level of the restaurant, where almost no one else was sitting. “So what’s this about an idea you wanted to run by me?”
“Well, actually, there are sort of two things I wanted to ask you about. First, I was wondering if you might be interested in coming to the game in Montreal with me next weekend. My family is coming and I want them to meet you. You can bring a friend with you if you want.”
“Yeah, I would love to. I’ll see if Liz wants to go with me.” She responded.
“Ok good, because I sort of already made you a hotel reservation and reserved tickets for you. And the other thing I wanted to ask is…when you meet my parents, can I introduce you as my girlfriend?” He asked nervously. “I mean, I know it’s really soon and all, so I don’t want you to think we’re moving too fast or anything. I just really like you.”
Her eyes lit up and she laced her fingers in his. “I like you too, and I would be honored to be your girlfriend. Hopefully your parents will like that idea too.”
“Are you kidding? They’re going to love you! Mom will probably want you to take you home with her. And I already know that Taylor will idolize you.” Sidney said.
“Your family sounds great. I just don’t know if your mom will want to share her little boy with some other woman.” She laughed nervously.
He chuckled. “Well, that’s a mom thing. Besides, I can still be her little boy and be your man.” He said in a quiet, husky tone. She raised her eyebrow and smiled and leaned up and offered her lips. He kissed her gently, running his fingers through her hair. “Mmm, well that was dessert enough for me. But I’m curious to see what the ‘best dessert in the city is’” he said.
“Everything’s good. But my personal favorite is the peanut butter meltaway. Wanna split it with me?”
“Sure.” They placed their order with the waitress and continued talking. “So tell me more about you. I want to know everything.” he said. They stayed for more than three hours, sharing childhood stories.
“I should probably be going. Do you have plans for dinner tomorrow? I’d like you to come meet my parents.” Lauren said.
“That sounds good. Plus that means I don’t have to wait too long to see you again.” He said with a toothy grin.
When they got to her car, he wrapped his arms around her. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night, Sidney.” She said, leaning up to kiss him. He deepened the kiss, knocking his hat off in the process. “You should probably put that back on before people start to notice you.” She murmured, her lips only centimeters from his.
“I suppose you’re right.” He sighed, kissing her again before reaching for his hat. “See you tomorrow, babe.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG update plz!!!!!