Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chapter 6

Thanks for all the feedback I've been getting! :)

Chapter 6
The next evening, Sidney arrived at Lauren’s with a bouquet of flowers. He rang the doorbell and Lauren answered the door. “Hey babe” she said, kissing him.
“Hey. These are for your mom. Do you think she’ll like them? You look beautiful, by the way.” He said.
“Aww, thanks! And she’ll love them – that was so thoughtful of you.” She took his hand and led him through the house and out the back door to the deck, where her dad was standing at the grill and her mom was setting the table.
“Mom, dad, this is Sidney. Sidney, this is my mom and dad.” He shook hands with each of them.
“Mrs. Somers, these are for you.” Sidney said, handing the flowers to Lauren’s mom.
“Thank you! That was so thoughtful of you. Let me go put these in water.” She disappeared back in to the house. Sidney looked and Lauren and she just smiled and winked at him.
“Sidney, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” said Lauren’s dad.
Dinner went very well, and Lauren’s parents were delighted with Sidney. After dinner, Sidney and Lauren helped bring the dishes inside, and then the two of them came back outside and played with Lauren’s dog and jumped on her family’s trampoline. Afterwards, they were sitting on the swing on the deck. “Tonight was so much fun! I haven’t jumped on that trampoline in years!” Lauren exclaimed.
“I had fun too. Your parents seem great. I was really nervous about meeting them.” Sidney admitted.
“You can play hockey in front of tens of thousands of people and millions more on television and that doesn’t make you nervous, but meeting my parents did?” She laughed.
“Well, not to sound cocky, but I know that I’m good at playing hockey, but making a good impression on parents is another story. Hockey players don’t exactly have the reputation of being choir boys.” Sidney explained.
“Are you trying to tell me that you are some kind of manwhore?” she joked.
He laughed. “Definitely not. But I wasn’t a monk either. Besides, I am strictly a one-woman man now. I met this girl the other day and I kind of have a thing for her.” He winked.
“Oh really? Tell me about this girl.” She said, playing along.
“Well, you see, she was kind of covered in puke when I met her, but even then, I could tell she was beautiful. And when I saw her after she had cleaned up, she was even more beautiful than I had imagined. When I saw she had a good sense of humor and was laughing about being puked on, I knew she was pretty special. And for whatever crazy reason, she agreed to go out with me. And then I learned about her incredible strength, and I just fell for her even more. And did I mention that she’s hot?” he said grinning.
“She sounds pretty great. And I think she’s falling for you too.” Lauren said seriously. He smiled and kissed her forehead.
“I have to go. I promised Austin we’d play video games tonight.” He said. “So I’ll see you in Montreal on Thursday then?” It was only Monday, but Sidney was going to Montreal Tuesday morning to do some promotional appearances for his RBK clothing line. “I’ve got an interview when your flight gets in, but I’m sending a car to pick you up. I’ll be at the hotel by the time you get there.”
“Yeah, I’ll see you Thursday. Liz has plans, so she can’t go, but I’m really excited for this weekend.” Lauren replied.
“Man, these next few days without you are going to kill me.” He groaned, kissing her.
“I’ll miss you too. Good night, Sidney. Thanks for coming tonight and meeting my parents.”
“I figured it was only fair since you’re meeting my parents this weekend.” He teased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved this chapter! oh and i also love chapter 7 hehe =) your a really good writer keep it up! =D

Erika Zimmerman said...

swoony. fer sher.